Health and Safety Information 2020-21
Dear SCS Family,
I want to thank you all for your patience as we navigate the uncharted waters of education during a global pandemic. I want to assure you that the health and well-being of our students and employees continues to be our top priority. With that in mind, beginning on August 11th we fully intend to return to our traditional on-campus community, with the fewest restrictions possible, while maintaining safety. To that end, our Administrative Team, with input from our faculty and staff, have come up with the following outline of protocols at SCS in a Covid-19
What we are doing to prepare ahead of school
● Each classroom is being individually configured to achieve the maximum distance possible between students.
● Schedules and student traffic patterns are being modified to reduce the number of students in the hallways at the same time.
● Lunch procedures and schedules are being modified to lower risk during lunchtime.
● Research is being done into ways to improve air quality for indoor classroom spaces and to better clean difficult areas like the gym bleachers, music rooms and weight rooms.
● Many of the drinking fountains are being replaced with
motion-activated "no-touch" bottle-fill only units.
What we will be doing when school starts
● All faculty and staff will self-screen for symptoms before leaving home each day.
● All high-traffic areas and hard surfaces will be disinfected regularly. An intentional and systematic sanitizing cleaning protocol will be followed daily to lower the risk of infection from surfaces.
● All students and staff will wash their hands on a regular basis. Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the campus.
● Air quality will be monitored and outdoor spaces will be utilized for teaching and group activities as often as is feasible.
● Visitors to campus may be limited.
● Students exhibiting symptoms while at school will be sent to the clinic for a temperature check and will be sent home if the temperature is above 100 degrees. Temperature screening will not be required upon entrance to school.
● Students and staff who exhibit symptoms after arriving at school will immediately be sent to a designated room away from other students and the school administration will be notified.
● Wearing face coverings will not be required of students/faculty in most circumstances, but will be permissible for those who choose to wear them.
● Students and faculty riding buses will be required to wear face coverings.
● Face coverings may be required for all large group events where distancing is difficult such as at chapel or athletic events.
What we are asking of you
● Parents/guardians are expected to conduct a symptom screening with each child before leaving home each morning.
● Any student who displays symptoms is expected to remain at home.
● Please pray daily for the health and safety of the SCS
Please understand that the above information is our starting point. In these unprecedented times, we recognize that changes to the plan may become necessary and we will continue to work diligently to ensure the health and safety of the SCS family.
I think I can speak for the entire SCS faculty and staff in saying that we cannot wait to see each of you on August 11th. You are all a valued part of making this return to campus a success and I am so grateful we are in this together.