Welcome! Thank you for visiting our website. Whether you are a prospective student, an alumnus or community member we hope you'll gain insight into how Sarasota Christian School strives to ignite minds and infuse faith in our students.
The 2017-2018 school year marks the 59th year of serving Christian families in Sarasota. Our mission is to honor God by developing academic abilities and broadening educational experiences, while deepening Christian faith through partnership with the home, the church, and the community. Our curriculum and our extracurricular activities all place Christ at the center, working to realize His truth and purposes in all that we do and learn.
This year’s theme verse is found in Psalm 143: 8 which says, “Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you.” This verse speaks to spending time with the Lord daily in prayer and devotions, something we practice across campus each morning. Our faculty and staff are committed to Jesus Christ and diligently integrate Biblical truth into all classes and activities. It is our great privilege to love, teach, guide, and mentor the students entrusted to our care.
Let me share with you some of the other strengths of SCS.
- We are fully accredited and our teachers are certified with the majority having advanced degrees.
- We offer a full range of academics including dual-enrollment, Advanced Placement, and honors level classes. In addition, we have partnered with Southeastern University to offer an A.A. degree in Business. We also offer technology, foreign languages, music, art, physical education, and learning support.
- We offer eight boys athletic team sports and ten girls athletic team sports.
- Our students regularly participate in chapel, drama, choir, orchestra, science fairs, and retreats.
- Our faculty regularly engages in professional development opportunities to learn current best practice methods.
- It is our goal to engage students in the classroom by helping them develop skills in creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- We have Odyssey of the Mind teams from K-12. They have competed at the World level for nearly a decade.
- Our school focuses on global education and each grade is connected with an international school for which they raise money and learn more about the culture.
How you choose to educate your children is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent. Please be sure you have made this choice with intentionality. We invite you to contact SCS to receive more information or schedule a visit.
Ryan Lehman, Superintendent